For those who say yes why? Or why not for those who say no?
Generally Physicians and other healthcare Professionals advise against feeding your infant honey because of the real risk of your child contracting the potentially deadly Botulism bacterium, which could result in a rare but serious illness. The cause is a neuro-toxin made and released by the Clostridium botulinum as it colonizes the intestines of your infant. Feeding honey to the infant is one preventable way Botulism spores could be introduced to your infant; symptoms your infant is suffering from Botulism.
Kids under a year old tend to not have their intestinal bacterial garden fully developed so you run the risk of causing Botulism spore introduction if you or someone feed honey to your child at that age since those spores can be found in honey. When your child’s intestinal bacterial garden is fully functional, usually over a year old, the child’s ability to process honey without getting sick is much greater. The CDC as well as The National Honey Board also supports this theory in their published honey reference guide. For frequently asked questions about infant related Botulism.